Solar Deck Lights 10 Pack
Solar Deck Lights
The perfect hassle free way to light up your dock or deck!
Safety & Hazard
16-20 Hour Run Time
Sea Turtle Friendly
Fresh Water Rated
Salt Water Rated
I want to thank you for making a fantastic product! I live in Jacksonville Florida, on the St. John's River. In 2016 during Hurricane Mathew, we had significant damage to our dock. In fact most of it was destroyed. When we rebuilt the...
I want to thank you for making a fantastic product! I live in Jacksonville Florida, on the St. John's River. In 2016 during Hurricane Mathew, we had significant damage to our dock. In fact most of it was destroyed. When we rebuilt the dock i made the decision to not re-wire the dock lighting with the 120v tier lights that were there before. In searching for a new solution, i selected the solar deck lights from Lake Lite. I purchased 20 of them. I liked the replaceable batteries feature, and was really pleased with the ease of installation (especially compared to putting in new 120v lights!). 1 year later, and just recently, Hurricane Irma impacted our area. With a massive storm surge, my dock was submerged for 48 hours. I must say i feared the worst. But early in the 2nd night of being submerged, the water had receded enough that i noticed a shimmering light pattern down my dock. In ankle deep water these solar lights came on! Not only had they accumulated enough power reserves in the battery, while under water, in dirty murky water, to fully light the dock, but the water proof features survived in every light. Thankfully my dock survived as well undamaged!
I do have some great pictures of the dock under water and the lights coming on while still submerged. I was curious if you would be interested in this testimonial and the pictures. In either case, thank you for making a great product. I am so thrilled with my purchase of these lights and have already shared this story and my recommendation to other home owners in this area.
nothing to said!
quick shipping and hyper quality!
|Light Source||4 Ultra-High Intensity LED|
|Lumens Output||8 Lumens|
|Available LED Colors||White or Blue|
|Light Mode Options||Constant|
|Horizontal Output (Degrees)||180° + Horizon|
|Vertical Divergence (Degrees)||+45°|
|LED Life Expectancy (Hours)||>100,000 Hrs|
|Autonomy (hours)||16-20 hrs (On Full Charge)|
|Temperature Range|| |
|Solar Module Type||Multicrystalline or Monocrystalline|
|Power (watts)||0.40 watts|
|Solar Module Efficiency (%)||16-17%|
|Battery Type||High Grade NiCd or NiMh - ECO Friendly|
|Battery Size||2 x AAA|
|Battery Capacity (mAhr)||400 mAhr (Suggested: larger)|
|Nominal Voltage (v)||1.2v/ Battery x 2pcs|
|Battery Service Life||1-3 Years* (Varies with Environment)|
|Battery Service Access||Yes: User Changeable/Replaceable|
|Body Material||Anodized Marine Aluminum|
|Lens Material||UV Stabilized Polycarbonate|
|External Lens Design||Reflector|
|Internal Lens Design||N/A|
|Waterproof Rating||IP 68|
|Mounting||Any Flat Surface|
|Width||4" x 4.10"|
|Custom Options, Sizes, & Colors||Please Contact|
|Custom Hardware & Mounting||Please Contact|
|* Information subject to change without notice|
Do they come with batteries?
- Yes, Solar Deck Lights come with high quality, high capacity solar rechargeable batteries that have an expected life of 2 or more years.
Are the batteries replaceable?
- Yes, the batteries are can be replaced. We recommend using only Lake Lite’s solar rechargeable batteries, which are available on our website for this product under the “Accessories & Spare Parts Tab”.
Do Solar Deck Lights come with mounting screws? If not, what type is best?
- No, mounting screws are not included. For wooden surfaces, the recommendation is stainless steel #10 or #8 x 1” length.
How should they be stored for the winter?
- Remove batteries after a full day of solar charging, then store in a dry location. We recommend storing the batteries and screws in a zip-lock storage bag so that no parts are lost.
Do I need to use all of the screws that are provided for the battery cover area?
- Yes, all of the screws must be used on the battery housing unit to insure proper waterproofing of the electronics and to keep the battery securely in position. Make sure the silicone seal is in place before tightening the screws. This will ensure the unit is fully waterproof.
Are they actually “Waterproof” or are they just water resistant? Will they withstand heavy rain? Are they submersible?
- Solar Deck Lights are truly waterproof and can tolerate heavy downpours including submersion, however, they are NOT recommended for long periods of submersion as they will not receive a charge.
How can I maintain the battery housing area to prevent corrosion of the metal battery contacts?
- Clean the battery contacts with WD-40 and that will prevent any rust. Foremost, be sure to tighten the battery cover so that it is pressing the silicone seal/pad securely in order seal the compartment since moist air will cause corrosion over time.
Troubleshooting: My lights did not come on after installation? What is the problem?
- First, make sure that the plastic tab that separates the electronic components from the battery has been removed.
- Second, make sure the batteries have been installed in the correct orientation and are popped securely in place. All of the batter housing cover screws should be installed to insure that the batteries stay in position.
- Third, be sure to allow the units to charge in direct sunlight for a full day to achieve optimum performance. Although the provided batteries are new, sometimes they lose charge while in the box. It is best to charge the lights for a full day outside in direct sunlight. They cannot be charged inside on a window sill. They need to be placed outside in direct sunlight.
- Last, make sure that the units have been placed in an area where they receive direct sunlight. Placing a solar product in a shady area will result in no charge or less charge which will dramatically reduce the lighting time.